The Bristol Improv Theatre invites you to submit your ideas for a Christmas show as part of our Christmas season from December 14th to December 23rd 2023.
Maybe you have an idea for a festive version of your existing show? Or perhaps you’re an existing group with a new festive show idea? Either way, we’d love to hear from you.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- We are looking for shows that feature improvisational theatre or improv comedy. Shows that allow the audience to interact or participate are encouraged, but not essential.
- Our show nights usually start at 8pm, and finish at 10pm, with an interval in the middle of 10-20 minutes. If your idea is better suited to a one-act slot, you could consider doubling up with another act to create a show night. If you don’t know anyone to double up with you can still apply – we might be able to connect you with another act.
- Our standard ticket split with acts is 50/50, and our maximum capacity is 100 seats (fewer if there is a large stage set or a band on stage). We are not able to put additional money towards travel and accommodation for acts.
- We are interested both in shows that would be performed for one night only, and shows that may be suited to a 2 or 3 night run.
- Subject to availability we can support your show with some rehearsal space in, as well as optional soundboarding for your show idea in the early stages.
- We aren’t able to support production costs. If your show needs funding to get off the ground we can help to point you down avenues for external funding, but we can’t guarantee funding support.
- It’s gotta be festive!
If you have any questions do get in touch with us ahead of the deadline. After the deadline we may get in touch with further questions before making any decisions.
Please fill in our application form here.
Deadline for applications: end of day 30th May 2023