The Little Improv Festival is returning on the 22nd – 24th March, and we would like to feature improv groups who are local to Bristol and the South West in our day time programme on Saturday the 23rd of March. We are therefore inviting improv groups from Bristol to pitch their shows to be included in this programme.
- Performances will take place as a mixed bill throughout the day on 23rd March, between 11am and 6pm
- Sets will be capped at 20 minutes maximum, although pitches for shorter sets are also welcome
- Your performance needs to be either fully or partially improvised to be included in our programme (it’s an improv festival!)
- Performances will take place on our bar stage. This is a small stage with limited tech options (for example, no microphones, no blackouts, limited use of music through the PA, very limited lighting changes) and minimal set (eg maximum 4 chairs).
If you are interested in applying but not sure if we can accommodate your tech/set/staging requirements please do still apply, there is space on the application form to explain what tech, set or staging you need
- Performers will be paid a fee on a profit share basis from ticket income for the daytime programme. Tickets will be sold on a Pay What You Decide basis.
Depending on the number of applications, we will apply the following selection criteria if needed:
- Suitability of performance for a 20 minute (or less) performance slot on our bar stage
- Representation of a broad range of improv styles
- Representation of the Bristol improv scene
- A good mixture of well-established and up-and-coming improv groups
To pitch an idea for a performance please follow the link below to fill out an application form by 14:00 on Wednesday the 7th of February.
We will offer the performance slots to successful applicants the following week (week commencing 12th February)