An introduction to the exciting, challenging and fun world of improvisation!
Forget class clowns and stand-up sweats – at the Bristol Improv Theatre we don't care who's funny. For us, improv is about going with the flow, celebrating the screw-up and connecting with amazing new people.
For the last four years we've taught our students how to be more spontaneous, creative and confident – both on stage and off.
Who is this course for?
- EVERYONE! Even if you have absolutely no improv or performing experience!
- People seeking to increase their confidence, creativity or spontaneity.
- Actors looking for new approaches to their work.
- People looking to find new friends and meet new people in Bristol.
- Performers of all kinds who want to tap into the Bristol theatre and arts scene.
Upcoming Discovering Courses
Delve deeper into the world of improv… more skills, more play, more fun!
Coming to our brand new Improv Theatre in 2017!
A programme designed for actors, performers, and those interested in getting on stage!
This programme is actually a trinity of 3 separate courses: Great Scenework, Creating Characters, and Storytelling.
Each course covers a key aspect of performance, and each culminates with a showcase to apply what you have learnt.
These 7 week evening courses will run throughout the year. They can be completed in any order, or taken individually.
The aim of completing the programme is to give students a full set of skills for performing improv. The stage is calling!
Who are these courses for?
- Anyone who has completed the Discovering Improv course and wants to learn more!
- Actors who want to hone their skills.
- Performers of all kinds who want to explore spontaneity.
Upcoming Performing Courses
Got questions? Get in touch.
Got any questions that aren't answered here?
Then contact us and we'll be happy to answer them.