The Bristol Improv Theatre is a community-focused, independent local theatre. Since March we have been steering our organisation through lockdown, moving a great deal of our programming online thanks to the passion and dedication of our staff team and associated artists. We are now looking for a friendly and ambitious individual to join us on a fixed term basis to help us communicate with our audiences and community as we navigate the next phase of our Covid response.
We are looking for a fixed-term marketing manager to be responsible for managing the organisation’s communications and marketing initiatives. They will use market research and analysis to direct marketing strategy and planning and delivery of all promotional materials and marketing campaigns.
The most suitable applicants will have the following
- Detailed knowledge of the UK theatre scene
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in marketing or related fields
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- 1 years experience in a relevant field
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Timekeeping and personal organisation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
The following are desirable skills:
- Knowledge of the UK improvisational scene
- Knowledge of the Bristol local arts scene
- Flexibility to devote additional hours if required
- Working knowledge of graphic design programmes such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Ads and Google Analytics
- Experience of creating data-driven processes
- Experience in Event Management
Key Role Responsibilities
- Managing and co-creating all marketing for the organisation and activities within the marketing department
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with organisation objectives
- Coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities
- Tracking financial spend of marketing activities and monitoring return on investment
- Creating and publishing marketing material in line with marketing plans
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing communications
- Creating a wide range of different marketing materials and strategies
- Regularly updating management and other staff in team meetings on marketing activities
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing
- Working with the venue hire, programme manager and theatre school manager to promote the theatre’s offering
- Engaging and maintaining local and national press to build the theatre’s reputation as a home for improvised theatre
- Identifying and forming relationships with corporate clients and local businesses to boost sales and profile of shows and theatre school training
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary by the theatre manager
Useful Information For Applicants
- This venue is LGBT+ friendly and practices a Safe Space policy.
- Position: Part-Time, fixed term (6 months)
- Hours: 20 hours a week, with the possibility of more hours upon agreement.
- Pay: £16,380 pro rata (please note – all staff at the Bristol Improv are currently paid a universal flat rate of £9ph, including directors. We are a start up, and work together constantly to increase wages across the organisation)
- Training: Full training provided.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter of no more than 500 words to email@example.com before midday on Friday 28th August.