Discovering Improv (Physically Distanced Class)
5th October – 26th October
Tuesdays | 19:00-21:30
Suitable for beginners!
Improv isn’t just about being funny (although it is often very funny). For us, improv is about building confidence, celebrating the screw-up and connecting with amazing people.
In a post-COVID world, we want to give people flexible options to connect with each other whilst learning valuable skills in a safe and friendly environment.
In this four-week course, capped at 8 places, we’ll build our spontaneity and communication skills through improv games and exercises whilst maintaining 2m physical distancing.
In this four-week course, capped at 8 places, we’ll build our spontaneity, creativity and communication skills through improv games and exercises whilst maintaining 2m physical distancing.
We encourage students to wear masks when observing in the audience and hand gel will be readily available.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone. You don’t need any experience in performance or improv.
- Anyone looking to build their confidence, creativity and/or spontaneity
- Anyone who feels like their face-to-face social skills are a bit rusty and want to shake the rust off in a supportive environment
- Anyone looking to make new friends and meet people in Bristol
- Anyone who has been improvising for a while and wants to fall back in love with it
Places are capped at 8. Each class is followed by an optional social chat.
If you have any accommodations or access needs, questions, feedback or concerns about the classes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our theatre school manager Imogen at email@example.com.
About the Instructor
Cat Murphy performs with BIT Associate Companies Tales of Adventure & The Bish Bosh Bash! She began directing with Novato Theatre Company, making her debut with her show “Second Sun”, and is now the director of ‘The Bish Bosh Story Bash’ and The Unscripted Players show ‘The Stuff of Dreams’. She is a qualified yoga teacher and holds a degree in Drama with Psychology from Bath Spa University.