Discovering Improv (Sold Out)
14th June – 19th July
Tuesdays | 19:00-21:30
Improv isn’t just about being funny (although it is often very funny). For us, improv is about building confidence, celebrating the screw-up and connecting with amazing people.
This six-week course is a voyage through spontaneity, creativity and connection. We’ll show you the basic tools to improvise both on stage and off.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone! You don’t need any experience in performance or improv.
- Anyone looking to build their confidence, creativity and/or spontaneity
- Anyone who feels like their face-to-face social skills are a bit rusty and want to shake the rust off in a supportive environment
- Anyone looking to make new friends and meet people in Bristol
- Anyone who has been improvising for a while and wants to fall back in love with it
We also offer drop-ins and taster sessions if you’re looking to try improv before committing to a course.
This is a 6-week course, capped at 16 participants, plus 2 instructors (18 in total).
About The Instructor
Cat Murphy has been teaching with the Bristol Improv Theatre for over two years. She performs and directs with BIT Associate Companies Tales of Adventure & The Bish Bosh Bash, as well as the Longform company Last Day on Earth. She began directing with Novato Theatre Company, and turned her hand to improv with The Unscripted Players, where she directed her avant-garde improv show ‘The Stuff of Dreams’. She is now the show director of ‘The Bish Bosh Bash’ and directed the BIT’s most recent Christmas Show “Merry Christmas (despite the current circumstances)”. She is a qualified yoga teacher and holds a degree in Drama with Psychology from Bath Spa University.
Want to know what we are doing to make your visit COVID-secure? Read our coronavirus page
If you have any accommodations or access needs, questions, feedback or concerns about the classes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our theatre school manager Imogen at email@example.com