Terms & Conditions of Sale
These terms and conditions relate to the purchase and supply of Tickets and the use of the BIT's website generally. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights. These terms form part of the Bristol Improv Theatre's general Terms and Conditions. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you make a group booking, you accept these terms and conditions on behalf of all members of the group and are responsible for all payments due from the party.
- Only persons who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book Tickets. By booking Tickets you warrant to the BIT that you comply with this requirement.
- The BIT reserves the right to place restrictions on the volume of any Tickets ordered; and the number of places booked for Third Party Events.
- In addition, the BIT shall be entitled to terminate Ticket sales for a performance or a Third Party Event at such time as it shall think fit (or as directed by any relevant Third Party).
- It is your responsibility to check that any Tickets issued to you are accurate.
- Any purchase of Tickets is only valid when processed by the BIT or an agent authorised by the BIT.
- Your Tickets may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a Ticket is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the Ticket or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission to the performance or event and any membership(s) you may have with the BIT will be terminated.
- By purchasing a Ticket, you shall be deemed to consent to your being filmed where the event or performance is being filmed.
- The BIT (or the relevant Third Party) reserves the right to ask for proof of eligibility for concessions at the access points for the event or performance.
Online Box Office Purchase Terms
- These additional terms apply to tickets purchased on the BIT's website.
- The website www.improvtheatre.co.uk is owned and operated by the BIT.
- This section uses the following definitions:
- "Confirmation" means a written confirmation email sent to you by the BIT or its payment agent and setting out the details of your booking.
- "Online Booking Form" means the series of pages for the booking of Tickets set out on the BIT's website.
- If you choose to purchase Tickets or Learning Events over the BIT's website, your Contract will be concluded as follows:
- Completion and submission of the Online Booking Form shall constitute an offer by you to purchase Tickets subject to these terms and conditions. You can correct any mistakes you make when filling out the Online Booking Form at any point before submitting it;
- Once you submit the Online Booking Form, the BIT will check that you have completed all parts of the Online Booking Form and confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the total cost of the booking. Upon confirmation of these details, the BIT will instruct its paypment provider to charge your credit or debit card accordingly. This in itself does not constitute acceptance of your offer;
- Once payment has been taken, an on-screen confirmation will be displayed and the BIT will send you a Confirmation as soon as possible. This Confirmation shall constitute the BIT's acceptance of your booking. A Contract will be formed once you have received the Confirmation.
- If the BIT receives a prompt notification that the Confirmation was not delivered successfully, then the BIT will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of its acceptance and the details of your booking by other means.
- The only language available for the conclusion of a Contract online is English.
- Details of all Contracts concluded online (including the method of payment but not the card details) will be kept on file by us and can be provided to you upon request.
- You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to the BIT that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
Price & Payment
- The price (including all taxes where relevant) of all Tickets are specified on the BIT website. These details are based on the best available information to the BIT and the BIT is not obliged to conclude any contract on these terms.
- For bookings made online over the BIT's website, the BIT accepts payment through it's iZetttle payment gateway.
- If you are booking a discounted, press or industry ticket, you agree to our Discounted, Press & Industry Terms and Conditions
Refund & Exchange Policy For Tickets
- Subject to clauses in this section, the BIT will only refund your Tickets after purchase if the request is made in good time for the BIT to process the refund and offer the Tickets for resale.
- Good time for refunds is defined to be any time more than 5 days prior to the the start of the performance for courses and elective workshops, and any time more than 48 hours prior to the start of the performance in all other cases.
- Where the BIT or the relevant Third Party is unable to perform a Contract on the date(s) agreed because the performance, course or elective workshop in question is no longer available or viable, or is abandoned when less than half the performance has taken place, the BIT will refund to you the face value of the Tickets purchased (excluding any delivery charges).
- Where a performance, course or elective workshop has been cancelled or abandoned when more than half of the performance has taken place the BIT may, in its discretion (and provided any relevant Third Party agrees), refund to you the face value of the Tickets purchased (excluding any delivery charges).
- BIT will issue a refund to you using the same method of payment that you used to purchase the Tickets.
- All Tickets are sold subject to the BIT's right to make any alterations in the cast or programme details advertised on the BIT's website or other appropriate location. The BIT (or the relevant Third Party) shall be entitled to make changes to performers, running times and such other matters as it thinks fit in the case of any event, including Third Party Events.
Liabilities of the BIT
- Subject to clauses in this section, the BIT (or any relevant Third Party) will only be liable to you for direct and foreseeable losses arising as a result of a breach by us of our terms and conditions or any negligent act arising under or in connection with the Contract.
- The BIT's (or the relevant third Party's) total liability shall be limited to the total face value of the Tickets.
- Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits liability for death, personal injury or fraud.
- The BIT (or any relevant Third Party) will not be liable in any way if it is prevented from performing its obligations under or arising from any Contract due to any factors which are beyond its reasonable control. Without limiting the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond its reasonable control:
- Acts of god, which include earthquakes, cyclones, storms, flooding, fire, disease, fog, snow and angry frost giants;
- Force majeure which includes war, accidents, acts of public enemies, strikes, embargoes, perils of the air, local disputes and civil commotions;
- Power failure and failure of sound or lighting equipment.
- The BIT will not be liable for any losses incurred by you in connection with your use of the BIT's website, for any delay in using or your inability to use the website, for any information or Tickets obtained through the website or for any material posted to the website by the BIT or by users of the website.